Big Bucks are Back!

Big Bucks are Back!

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's All About Trees!

Off we go to Critter Cabin to finish cutting the rest of the danger trees!
 This blog is dedicated  to a man that has become a very important part of my life and is also a great timber faller!

Good thing! Pat has some challenging trees to fall today.



These two big pine and one large fir are the best challenge for Pat. They will all have lines on them as they lean heavily towards the cabin.


This is the pine that didn't want to fall. With a line on it, Pat faced it up,then it fell in another pine and didn't want to fall so Josh pulled and pulled on it.


Finally it fell! Not much room between the other tree and the shed!





Now to the first big pine. Pat putting a face in it and chopping the rest of it out, making sure that it is perfect.




Wow, what a big difference this will make! We cut some of this pine into logs. We might have someone interested in them. Oh, the limbs on this thing! They are huge.





This is the last tree of the day and the most challenging of them all. It is really closed to the shed so Pat has to make sure and do a good job. Again the high stump is for me and my birds!




Oh, my! Look at all those branches! Anyone want to come move branches?




This was a close call again for the same shed.





John came to help us out for the day. I think that he had a great time.


I just bet that he will be back!





One photo of the area after the trees are down. Sure looks 100% better.
More light for the cabin, and now we won't worry about trees falling on the cabin. and did I say anything about fire danger too!


Now this is Nature at Work!

I have to say that I didn't take this photo. But one person that was there did!
Shame on you John!



We had a great day here at Critter Cabin.


We had a nice lunch on the camp fire, and great friends to talk too. 
I am proud of my timber faller and how good he did today.
I will dedicate this last photo to him for a good day's job!


Dusk is falling on us here at Critter Cabin and a Great time was had by ALL!
Keep following us on Critter Cabin, we lead exciting lives here!

No comments:

Post a Comment